Wednesday, November 2, 2011

1st email from MTC

Priority:Normal Date:Tuesday, November 1, 2011 6:15 PM Size:16 KB
Hi family!!
 
 
So i found out pdays are tuesdays. I've found out a lot of things actually, and I only have 30 minutes to type so I gotta type fast! First, mom, thanks for the dear elders, i got them. That's the easiest way to get to me. so you can pass that info around to other friends/family. Also I got a dear elder from jared wadsworth and letters from sam and chris and the gang, if you could somehow get on my face book and get those addresses for me so i could write them back that would be super helpful!
 
Ok, so the MTC. wow. it's been crazy. No one ever told me exactly how hard the first couple of days were going to be. I think that I am adjusted now but there was an overload of info on the first couple of days. My companions names are sister taylor and sister hintze (yeah, I have two!) You would think that would be awkward but it's totally not. I love them both. I know that god's hand directs companion assignments, because i couldn't imagine being with anyone else but my sisters. Sister taylor is super smart. she was born in florida (west coast) and grew up in utah. She graduated the University of Utah with a bachelors in some crazy chemistry thing. I dunno. Anyway, she is good at keeping us focused. My other companion is sister hintze and she's also from utah. She's chill and she has a goofy sense of humor so I like that she can lighten the mood when we're so stressed out with the language. oh yeah, and i don't remember if i put this in my other letter but my cantonese name is GOU. and the other sisters are sister Hohn and sister Daai. so when you put it together it sounds like "go and die." and that's how the elders in my district remember our chinese names. haha.
 
THE LANGUAGE. OH MAN. it's pretty tough. I mean really tough. but I know that the lord is gonna help us to learn it. We taught our first discussion entirely in cantonese on friday. It actually went pretty well! I've learned a ton in the last few days, including how to pray in cantonese. (sometimes i cheat and look at my language book while praying though).
 
Ok so my district is hilarous. Really. I think they stick all the quirky weird people in the asian language missions so that they can entertain them selves for 12 weeks without dying of boredom. WE have an elder from england (like...tea with the queen/ harry potter british. its hilarous) and we have a elder from canada, and one from puertorico. They all make me laugh and they are really nice. I think i'll enjoy these 12 weeks with them. I've started a book called "the funny things of district 5a" where I write down things our district says. One of the elders plays trombone and he's got flaming red hair and he's from lincon nebraska, and he reminds me of ryan SO MUCH. We all went to the temple on sunday to take pictures and i'll be sure to get some of those to you,
 
Our roommates are the older district going to hong kong, they leave 6 weeks before us. we love them a lot. there names are sister nelson and sister neilson and sister leir. and together (they have about 6 elders i think, we make up the entire mission!!!)  My cantonese teachers name is brother jackson, and he served with the guy (mike hyde) that I knew at BYUI, who showed me all the hong kong stuff before I left. He has only spoken english in class like...once. so we are realllllyyyy learning to rely on hand gestures...haha. and memorizing vocabulaty.
 
You might have gotten a call from the stake president...Since I have been at the MTC, my shoulder, the one that has always given me problems, has been really really bad. I had to go see the doctor because it was hurting me so bad I couldn't concentrate in class. I'm supposed to see if the stake can help me with the medical bills of seeing a physical therapist because if i don't get the issue resolved the doctor said I would not be able to go to Hong Kong with my district. The good thing is I have 12 weeks here (or more like 10...we leave on the 9th of january) so plenty of time to get it fixed, and I also have my entire district praying for me. I know here is where the lord wants me to be, and as bad as my shoulder hurts sometimes, I just have to bear it until I can get it fixed. If you could remember me in your prayers this week I would appreciate that. (the biggest comfort that I get is reading mosiah 24:14-15. you should read it if you get a chance.
 
Tell mitchell that the food here is good, but it does give you gas. tell ryan i smelled teh cream soda tree. Tell lisa thanks for the note, and tell symonie thanks for letting me stay and having matt drop me off. It was pretty painless that way, I miss you all so much, i was glad not to be one of the crying families on the curb. it was kind of awkward.
 
How was halloween? What was everyones costumes? is mom still crying about not talking to me every day? (I love you mom)  Oh, I also found out i needed to get a hep A shot. so I got that. ummmmmmmmmm and i know i sent a letter home, but i don't remember if I put in it that i need a few things: winter tights and body spray would be awesome. and my shark, I miss sir digby chicken ceaser. oh and i have my camera charger mom, thanks for asking. I am going to print off pictures here and mail them to you in my next letter.
 
I only have 5 minutes left but I just wanted to say that I know the church is true! The book of mormon is the word of god. And I'm so greatful to be here. I pray for my family every night and I miss you all very much. I know that i;m in good hands, because i'm in the lords hands. Thank you so much for teaching me these truths before I got here, otherwise I don't think i would make it!!
 
I'm sorry this letter is so scatterbrained. i just had a lot to say! dear elder me back! and get me addresses! loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove you!!!
 
Ngoh Ngoi Le!!
 
Gou Ji Muih.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment