Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Getting ready to go!

Two weeks from today I'll be in the MTC! Hip hip Hurray! How time can move both fast and slow amazes me. I'm working on my Farewell talk for this Sunday on the Book Of Mormon. Kind of a broad topic for a farewell but I like broad topics because it means I get to be creative. However, the stake speaker that is speaking with me has made me promise not to go over 16 minutes. And I know from past experiences (teaching RS) I tend to get caught up in the spirit and keep on babbling. But as Mitchell puts it, I don't want people to think I'm from "Babylon". :)

I got to spend three wonderful days in Orlando with my favorite cousins and aunts and uncles. Brenda, Abby, and I went shopping at the Florida Mall and I got yet another missionary outfit, and a bag to carry my stuff in. I also went out with Lisa and James and we ate at Macaroni Grill (which was really good, too bad i'm not going to italy for my mission, because I wouldn't mind 2 years of Italian food). And we talked about traveling the world! But the time with my little cousins was wonderful. I love them! Abby and Grace are going to be such interesting young women, I hope they get a chance to serve a mission, I think they would both be wonderful.

I also got to spend some time in the temple on Tuesday. I realized the part of my patriarchal blessing that says I should pay attention to the little ones around me could very well mean my cousins. I didn't realize until recently how much of a trend I'm setting, being the oldest. I have to make sure that I'm living a Christ-like life because sometimes I forget how many little eyeballs are watching me. Hopefully my mission is a step in the right direction.

I also got to do sealings for the first time which was crazy cool. And I want to go again before i'm set apart. Thats all for now, i'll post farewell talk and pictures next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment