Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hey, so another big change has happened this week. Sister Nielsen got moved back to Hong Kong to serve, so, actually, right after we emailed last week president hawks called and told us the news. So Sister Chan and I will be staying here. I am now senior companion, and another sister missionary come to Macau but she is in a tri companionship with the other sisters. Interesting, huh.

I'm loving Macau. We've just had the best week ever. Today we hiked in haak sah and played on the beach, then climbed the mountain to see a beautiful temple. probably the biggest and most ornate one that I've seen on my mission so far. Sunday we went finding and met some really cool new investigators. Saturday we had a cookie making activity and English class. We got this Po Po to come to church twice! And because she liked English class so much, she will bring all her grandchildren next week! Life is just great. We have a couple of pretty solid investigators, but they seem to have really hard challenges getting in the way of their baptisms. Nothing new, parent permission, Word of Wisdom problems, and other things... But we've really been trying to help them.

Being Sister Chan's companion is just the most wonderful thing ever. She's so sweet. Her English isn't very good so we speak mostly in Cantonese, but we have no problem getting along. She's a powerful teacher, but she's a shy girl. So we're working on her taking the lead as much as possible. It's been turning out really good. I think we're both really happy. Living with sister Hintze again is a blast. Sometimes when she comes home at night we have random 5 minute dance parties. I'm just so happy right now.

Being in Macau is like..."being in a hospital...for your heart" as Sister Chan said. At first I didn't realize it, but Macau is actually just a peninsula on the border of China. An hour away from hong kong. It has different money, and is it's own country. I've ran into people that only speak Portuguese and then pretty much everyone else speaks mandarin or Cantonese. There's lots of prepared people. And lots of drunk people too!

I heard Obama won the election. Is that true? Good thing I'm in China. And Ryan left for the MTC? Did he go early to stay with Hoffs? Are they dropping him off at the MTC? Whats his address? When I explain my little brother is serving in Russia everyone here thinks that's so awesome and scary at the same time.

So I just want to bare my testimony real quick. God answers prayers. I prayed to come to Macau and I'm here. I prayed for comfort that I could serve these people and I've been given an opportunity to serve in a leadership position at that. I was kinda having a hard time before wondering why I hadn't become senior companion yet, but I think it just took longer for me to learn how to be a junior. God knows what we need and now It's my turn to pay him back by working hard. I know the gospel is true! I'm thankful for the Holy Ghost and for how it guides us every day. Helps us to know who to talk to and what to do when we're uncertain.

Also, I heard a talk this Sunday about being prepared. And I don't know why but I wanted to ask if you guys are up to date on food storage. Make sure you're listening to the prophet :)
I love you all! And I got the Hoff's package this week! I will try to write back soon but I'm so grateful! I love you all!

Sister Gou

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing Sis. Cook in Macau. She seems to be doing so well and flourishing and her Cantonese is wonderful! I was wowed! My best wishes and prayers for families with two missionaries out! Sis. Darcey's Mom, the Elder Sis. Darcey

    ReplyDelete