Wednesday, September 26, 2012


I am so happy I live in a mission where I can go to the temple.We just got back and I feel fantastic, which might also have to do with the fact that we just ate Korean BBQ, and that always makes me really happy as well. All the Chinese people look at me weird when I put Ice cream in my Do Fu Fa, but I don't care, because it's delicious. Thanks mom, for sending the pictures. Everyone is getting so big! Especially Emma. She looks almost as tall as me now. Crazy.


This week we did a lot of stuff. The coolest thing is that we went to visit one of our members, Sarah (17) who is in the hospital. She has kidney failure, I think, from what I could understand that she described in Chinese. She has to go through Dialysis 3 times a day. So sad. The hospital she's at is about an hour and a half away, so we were trying to figure out what would make her feel the best when we went to see her. The first time we folded origami flowers for her and made a card, then that Sunday I took a video of all the young women saying hi to her on my camera and showed it to her. She was so happy! She was super sad that she had missed youth conference because she was sick, but she said the video made her feel better. I also got my hands on a ukulele (borrowed it from an elder) and all the kids at the hospital loved it. I'm getting rusty though, but i was able to play "i'm yours" and "I am a child of god" and "somewhere over the rainbow" so they all loved that. It's awesome to me to be able to just do the humanitarian part of missionary work, and to actually make people happier. It really is a great feeling. I'm so glad god blessed me with talents to sing! It's helped SO much out here in the field (practice piano, Ryan, you're for sure gonna use it in Russia).


This week we met with the twins, annie and lucy, and taught about the plan of salvation. It was super neat because all their questions were directly answered by the plan as we described it. They are so prepared to follow Christ. They will be baptized on the 29th! yay!


Suki promised us this week that if she can't kick her lame stupid boyfriend out, she would find a new place, so she could keep the law of chastity and get baptized. I told her I would be willing to help her pack her stuff, or her boyfriends stuff, and throw it outside for him. haha. But her faith is so big! I love her so much.

At youth conference I got to see some of the kids from Yuen Long. Stella wasn't there, but Chace, eve, and Yuen Ting were. I was so happy to see them! I love those people, and they haven't forgotten me yet, That's good!

Oh! We met a new friend! her name is Raven. She's the one in the picture holding the uke. She's so charming. haha. She came to English class even though her English is realllllyyyy good already, and we taught her about prayer. Her parents are Buddhist, but she says she doesn't believe all of it, she wants to know for herself what truth is out there. I'm hoping to help her realize that truth. Sister Darcey met her on the bus a few weeks ago. (Sister Darcey's mission is over in 2 weeks.. blegh.) but anyway, I'm hoping for ravens continued progression.


A few of our other investigators got antied by their parents, and came to church asking us questions about polygamy and how come we think our church is right. It was scary because they were all progressing really well, but we explained the restoration to them and they promised to continue reading and praying to find out for themselves. I love the truth of the gospel. I love that I can openly promise them if they pray and ask with real intent, they will get an answer. I know that because it's worked with me. :)

So, I can honestly say we're working really hard. Things aren't all peaches and cream though. But through fasting, prayer, and relying on the book of Mormon, we are making it through. I was reading in Alma 5:9 today after going to the temple, and I realized that God gives us challenges because he wants our soul to expand. I'm doing some soul expanding right now as I repent, humble myself, and read the scriptures, i'm finding the strength I need to get through challenges I'm having with my compainion (haha, did you see how i spelled that?) and my investigators, and other trials that lay ahead of me.

I want to bear testimony that I know everything happens for a reason and I know god loves all of his children. He gives us so many blessings, I'm so lucky to have the family I have and to be here in hong kong serving the people I love. I hope that this last half of my mission will be even better than the 1st half. And I hope I continue to work so hard that they bring me home in a bucket.




I love you all.


Sister Gou.

No comments:

Post a Comment