Thursday, July 5, 2012


Wow, I was so happy to hear from everyone this week. Except for Mitchell. (just kidding....but seriously. You can say more than "hey, goodbye" next time. retard.)

I attached some pics. I want everyone to know that my summer missionary is AWESOME. For a lot of reasons. 1) She doesn't speak english, so we use chinese all the time, and it's done wonders in improving my language over the last week. 2) she's super chill 3) her mom makes us cookies 4) she's such a powerful teacher. We get some serious work done this week.It's cool because sister burningham and I can get twice as much work done because we have two compaionships instead of one. Here is the update on people who are getting baptized.

Suki: Still doing ok, willing to keep the law of chastity, but hasn't moved out yet, said she doesn't like her boyfriend anyway because he's scared of cockroaches. So, we're still working with her. She's realllllly funny. I want her to get baptized so bad.

Rodin: Awesome! Seen her three times this week, she LOVES playing guitar with me at church, and she has an awesome electric guitar and an amp. So we love to play. She's gaining a sincere testimony of the restored gospel and reading her scriptures every day. We're just worried because she's going to mainland china for the summer, and a lot of investigators die out there, so we're trying to strengthen her as much as we can before she goes.

Suzanna: Yay! we are teaching a family!! She has pink hair, two kids, lives in the same chyuhn as us, and has invited us over for dinner tonight! She loves to learn English and we're hoping to extend her a date this evening.

Muih Siu Jeh: Super cool! comes to all the english classes. really young mom, taught her for the first time yesterday, committed to pray daily.

guitar and English class have been bringing so many people into the church. Kwun Tong is on FIRE! i'm so glad to be here. I've seen so many miracles, just yesterday we received a turn over from the Daai Bo sisters, and it was a two for one deal! Twins! both of them are really cool, and after I taught probably the most powerful restoration lesson i've ever taught on my mission, they said they were both willing to be baptized. They loved English class. We'll see them again on Saturday, so exciting!

And Hoi King, our recent convert is doing awesome, she's signing up for summer missionary! yaaayyyy! but we found out she just recently got a job that will make her work on sundays, we're fasting with her to make sure she can overcome this challenge. pray for her!

Yeah so i'm doing good. My half way mark on my mission is next month. July 26th. Super weird. I can't believe how short a mission actually is. I love you all! Peace and Blessins!

No comments:

Post a Comment